Division/Department: Asset Management
Location: VCBF – HCM/HN Office
Job Title: Fixed Income Senior Investment Officer
Reports to: Portfolio Managers
Type of position: Full-time
Key responsibilities include sourcing, structuring, executing and monitoring fixed income investments for VCBF’s funds and managed accounts.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Government Bond Investments (Priority)
- Identify investment opportunities in Vietnam Government Bond market to make buy and sell recommendations
- Coordinate with Operation Team to execute the buy and sell decisions of Investment Committee/Portfolio Managers
- Conduct fundamental research and analysis of relevant macroeconomic indicators, market liquidity and potential policy response
- Develop and update sets of indicators that drive fixed income returns
- Keep abreast of fiscal and monetary policies of Vietnam and global developments which might affect interest rates of Government Bonds in Vietnam.
- Corporate Bond Investments
- Search for opportunities to invest in corporate bonds in both primary and secondary markets, specifically:
- Develop and update a database of corporates, which form investible universe for the funds and accounts under VCBF’s management
- Visit corporates in VCBF’s investible universe to get updates on their capital needs and identify potential investment opportunities
- Regularly communicate with securities companies and credit institutions to get updates on upcoming bond issues
- Conduct credit analysis of investment opportunities and structure the investments
- Prepare investment proposals to Head of Research/Portfolio Managers with recommendation to buy or sell a corporate bond
- Coordinate with Operation Team to execute the investments
- Conduct post-investment monitoring and prepare periodic reports on the investments.
- Fixed Income Market Research
- Update the database of Government bond and Government backed bond markets
- Update the database of corporate bonds’ issues
- Update legislations governing the fixed income markets
- Produce periodic fixed income research reports for both VCBF’s clients and internal use.
- Client Relationship Management
- Assist Portfolio Managers in analyzing performance of fixed income portfolios
- Assist Portfolio Managers in serving requests from clients with regards to fixed income investments.
- Bachelor Degree in Economics/Finance/Banking
- Minimum four years’ experience in relevant positions at credit institutions, fund management or securities companies
- Strong connections with Treasury Departments of banks, Investment Departments of other market participants
- Sound knowledge of sources of returns of fixed income investments
- Familiar with trading mechanism of Government bonds in Vietnam
- Strong communication skills
- Willingness to travel
- Master Degree in Finance/Banking/Economics and/or CFA Level 2 get bonus points.
- If you are interested in this position, please send your resume and your cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject:[Applied Position] - [Place of work] - [Applicant Full name]